Product Engineer - Gears
Our client in Suwanee, Ga has an immediate opening for a Product Engineer that specializes in gear design and development. The position is in the Manufacturing Engineering department and handles tasks related to product design/development and subsequent product validation and warranty analysis. Candidates must have practical knowledge of gear engineering principles and techniques as used in the design of gears. The candidate must have knowledge of tools and techniques used to create technical drawings, plans and models. Knowledge of raw materials, production processes and quality controls to assure efficient/effective manufacture/distribution of products is also required. In addition, the candidate must possess critical thinking, complex problem solving and inductive reasoning skills. This is a direct hire opportunity.
- Develop technical drawings, blueprints and schematics for gears, MUST understand gear geometry & mating
- Design manufacturing routing for production of gear from raw material
- Reverse engineer original equipment gears to enhance design / performance
- Define gear data and performance requirements to assure conformance to engineering design & function
- Develop and test alternate designs/processing methods for effect on operating conditions, sustainability and potential new system applications
- Analyze Customer/Supplier product design/redesign proposals to determine feasibility, cost and performance improvements
- Recommend methods for improving utilization of material and equipment
- Design test control tools and procedures for use
- Communicate requirements for product, quality control, packaging / handling and logistics
- Maximize gear reliability by implementing quality procedures/objectives that assure resolution of production issues and maximization of reliability while maintaining/reducing cost
- Monitor product performance after sale by analyzing customer feedback and warranty claims; perform root cause analysis and initiate design change as necessary to assure compliance
- Communicate with management, peers and users (supplier / customer)
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- 2–4 years gear engineering experience
- Microsoft Office, SolidWorks (3D), SolidWorks FEA, Adobe Suite
- CNC Gear Hobbing, Shaping, Shaving, Grinding, CMM, Surface Finish Measurement Tool, Sensor Analysis Tools, Heat Treat processes.
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.