Project Engineer – Direct Hire
We have growing manufacturer, located near the Oxford, NC area, looking to grow the internal team, focused on improving, upgrading, designing / re-designing the internal production equipment associated with manufacturing smaller mechanical and electro-mechanical products.
Salary – 80k+/- depending on the specific qualifications + a 10-12k annual bonus
As a Project Engineer you will be involved designing, developing, and implementing machine designs for automated production, assembly, machining applications. These are internal production equipment lines.
- Collaborate with other members of Machine Design to rebuild and upgrade current machines and controls.
- Design, develop and implement new fixtures and assembly/inspection equipment to reduce costs and increase throughput.
- Coordinate equipment builds and upgrades with either internal resources or external companies.
- Perform product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement, and improved efficiency.
- Provide technical support as required to improve machine up-time.
- Collaborate with Product Engineering, Quality, and Manufacturing departments to determine feasibility of automating current manual processes.
- Participate in root-cause analysis and troubleshooting efforts related to product and/or assembly issues; provides technical input and support as required
- Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications
- BS in Engineering, required – Mechanical, Electrical, Mechatronics etc…
- 3+ years in machine design and development, preferred.
- Control systems & PLC programming experience preferred. (not a heavy programming role; exposure to automation is important though.)
- Experience with vision systems and robotics using in automated assembly and test systems, ideally but not required.
- Experience in a manufacturing setting or a Machine Design/Build Setting.
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.