We are currently seeking a Project Engineer with experience designing and commissioning industrial automation controls for a direct hire opportunity in Atlanta, GA. You will be an integral team member that implements PLC applications, HMIs, drive systems and information solutions.
• PLC set-up from system defaults
• Set-up and use of tool data, frame data and external TCP
• Use of vision on robot tools and fixed cameras, including understanding of vision tools and calibrations
• Creation and debug of background tasks
• Take active participation in project kick-off meetings. Obtain a clear understanding of the scope and schedule from the project manager, customer and project team.
• Support system installation, start-up and debug
• Manage schedules to adhere to the development goals and timelines
• Provide planning and status information to the project manager
• Travel is estimated at 15 – 25%
• BS in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer/Software Engineering or a similar discipline
• 4+ years of experience designing, programming and commissioning PLC systems
• Experience with manufacturing information systems from Rockwell Automation or Wonderware
• Experience with Rockwell Automation PanelView and similar HMI products