Are you looking for a technician opportunity where you can be part of a growing industry? Our client in the contract manufacturing space needs a dynamic Project Engineer to join their growing team in Pittsfield, MA area. This direct hire position offers growth and a great benefits program.
The Project Engineer position is responsible for two main functions. Lead and manage new project programs from the sales close to transfer to production. Support business development and the commercial team with technical expertise in the quoting process and interaction with external customers.
Responsibilities of Project Engineer
• Plan and execute new projects to customer’s requirements in a cost effective, safe, and timely manner.
• Manage and drive all facets of project development including mold design, mold construction, process development, validation activities, documentation, training, and transfer to production.
• Establish and manage project schedules, delivery dates, and cost objectives. Communicate this information to internal and external customers.
• Lead the cross-functional team of quality, tooling engineering, supply chain, operations, manufacturing engineering, and external resources (capital equipment suppliers, outside processors, automation contractors, etc.) to deliver projects per the customer’s expectations and to Spectrum Plastic’s commitments.
• Provide engineering and manufacturing guidance on projects. Activities include, but are not limited to, part and mold design, processing, and material expertise.
• Assist in the quoting process with tooling, processing, equipment and technologies for new projects as required.
Requirements of Project Engineer:
• Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Engineering with 1-5 years injection molding experience.
• Medical device industry and validation experience is preferred.
• Strong project management and leadership skills.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret production reports, financial reports and technical information documents
• Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community
• Ability to write and professionally present presentations to large and small audiences
• Ability to effectively present information in a clear and concise manner to top management or personnel groups
• Possess strong computer, mathematical, reading, writing skills
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
• Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical information, electronic data, drawings and data in an efficient manner
• Ability to develop and deliver presentations. Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials. Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Knowledge of advertising and sales promotion techniques.
• Visibility requires maintaining a professional appearance and providing a positive company image to the public
• Work may require travel to current and potential clients. This requires the possession of a valid state drivers license.
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.