Are you looking for an Estimator opportunity where you can be part of a growing industry? Our client in the medical device industry needs a dynamic Project Estimator to join their growing team in the north metro. This direct hire position offers growth and a great benefits program.
The Project Estimator is responsible for preparing accurate and professional cost estimates in a highly competitive industry. Works with customers to understand requests for quotes. Solicits material and outside service prices from suppliers. Uses machine knowledge to establish basic manufacturing concepts and estimate costs on various types of equipment and processes. Estimates will include material processing, CNC machining, secondary operations, and other vertically integrated services to support new and existing business opportunities.
RESPONSIBILITIES FOR PROJECT ESTIMATOR
• Prepares estimates for prototype and production development projects which includes custom tooling, fixtures, prototype parts, and production parts using estimating programs
• Evaluates customer requirements by reviewing customer engineering documentation (prints, CAD models, other documented specifications), develop cost models for tooling, parts and assemblies including time, raw material, and outside services estimates as required to establish quoted costs
• Interfaces with customers’ engineers as appropriate to understand piece part function and critical areas
• Prepares costing report for presentation to management for quote review and approval
• Responsible for meeting quote on-time delivery and other quoting metrics. Ensures quotes are completed within customer expected timeframes
• Provides periodic updates to customer and management on the progress of complex quoting packages
• Work collaboratively with internal Subject Matter Experts (SME) to collect cost estimates
• Perform post-project analysis of quoted versus actual costs
• Maintains quoting system and records’ integrity. Develops quoting methods and formulas with concurrence from management.
• Develops and applies creative thinking to initial die concepts to maximize the company’s opportunities
REQUIREMENTS FOR PROJECT ESTIMATOR:
• Engineering degree preferred
• Diploma in a machining related course from a technical or trade school or equivalent experience
• 3-4 years of experience in a CNC machining environment
• Training in Blueprint reading, GD&T, SPC and precision measurement
• Understands tooling and manufacturing processes that relate to the machining Industry
• Ability to operate 3D Computer Aided Design (CAD) systems
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.