Project Manager - Direct Hire - Charlotte, NC area
Our client is a growing Engineering and Manufacturing company, and they are actively seeking to hire a Project Manager with a background in Capital Expenditure projects associated with industrial equipment, and ideally in a chemical manufacturing plant. (other industrial project experience will be heavily considered as well.)
Salary: $85-115k + benefits, 401k, PTO etc...
The PM will be responsible for planning, implementation, integration, being the liaison, and control activities on assigned projects. Primary objective is the successful execution of planned budgets and schedules while meeting contractual obligations. Experience in successful implementation of industrial CapEx projects or steel erection; fabrication experience; process equipment and skid systems is a plus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review, interpret, communicate and negotiate contractual matters for Engineering and Project Management, including contract conditions and scopes of work.
- Negotiate with key vendor’s delivery/T&C’s in the favor of the company. Expedite vendors as necessary to insure schedules are maintained.
- Devise effective Project Management performance measurements and review such problem areas with the manager and recommend alternative plans and solutions.
- Provide overall test program integration and assurance. Evaluate impact of engineering changes on Projects. Recommend technical, cost and schedule trade-off opportunities.
- Plan, schedule, implement, and expedite Project Management Plan.
- Prepare and submit deliverable items, reports, progress reports, and milestone charts as required by management and/or customer.
- Design and implement effective visual displays and presentations consistent with the magnitude, complexity, and requirements of assigned projects which will provide management and customer with an overview of the Project Management Plan, status and progress.
- Provide weekly project status reports to keep management fully informed as to progress. Work with finance department to ensure cash flow analysis are maintained and progress billings are processed expeditiously.
- Provide information to management in support of the project proposal activity. Direct project activities in support of re-quoting, re-forecasts, and budgetary estimates for assigned contract programs.
- Manage and direct the activities of specialists and clerical personnel that may be assigned as required by the magnitude and complexity of assigned projects.
- Approve or generate any documentation needed for the project (e.g. Purchase Requisitions; Shipping Documentation; Manuals; etc)
- 25-50% Travel - To Fabricator Shops or other suppliers for quality inspections, kick-off meetings or to expedite as needed and as required by the project
- BS in Engineering - Mechanical, or Chemical Engineering, preferred. (but specifically relevant experience with a different Bachelors Degree, is highly desirable as well.)
- 2-5 years in a PM role, minimum.
- Experience managing multiple projects at the same time.
- Experience managing projects in the 1-10 million dollar range is a plus.
Preferred Qualifications - Not Required
- PMP Certification preferred.
- Experience in Chemical Industry is a plus
- Experience in coordinating with steel fabrication shops and steel erection companies is a plus.
- Technical/Mechanical Management Certificate is a plus.
- Familiar with AISC, OSHA safety is a plus
- Policies, welding certifications a plus.
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.