Are you looking for an opportunity where you can be part of a growing industry? Our client in the contract manufacturing space needs a dynamic Quality Engineer to join their growing team in Saint Louis Park area. This direct hire position offers growth and a great benefits program.
- Support our safety program and its goal of zero accidents.
- Ensure operational processes and quality requirements meet customer expectations and company goals.
- Actively promote and drive a culture of safety.
- Identify customer quality requirements and develop inspection methods and plans to support their achievement.
- Manage internal and external quality issues for their assigned market team in order to achieve team goals.
- Provide support to engineering, inspection, manufacturing, and sales functions to achieve team goals.
- Understand applicable quality principles including, but not limited to, statistics, sampling management, blueprint reading, metrology, quality planning techniques, and closed loop corrective action.
- Understand applicable Standard Operating Procedures.
- Assist in project acquisition by identifying customer quality requirements, and their associated costs and impacts to the quotation team.
- Assist in the project development phase by specifying first article submission requirements. This includes dimensional analysis, capability studies, customer forms, and required certifications.
- Understand the quality requirements of our customers. Clarify customer requirements when necessary.
- When appropriate, analyze inspection data for evidence that manufacturing and inspection processes are functioning properly. Initiate corrective/preventive action when necessary.
- Process incoming, in-process, finished, and customer returned discrepant material according to the Discrepant Material Report, and corrective action procedures. Hold daily MRB meetings for rejected product.
- Support the problem resolution process by acting as resource for quality problem solving methodology.
- Respond with documented closed loop corrective action to internal and external quality problems when appropriate.
- Support the purchasing function by identifying purchased component/service quality requirements and supporting resolution of quality issues.
- Act as backup for the other Quality Engineers.
- Read, analyze, and interpret blueprints, quality manuals, general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations as appropriate.
- Read, write, and analyze business and technical reports, business correspondence, procedures and inspection plans to effectively present business and technical information in response to inquiries from peers, subordinates, management, co-workers and customers.
- Interpret technical information in mathematical or diagram form and deal with abstract and solid concepts.
- Define problems, perform root cause analysis, choose and implement solutions, and test their effectiveness.
- Apply and understand process and gauging qualification methods, statistical sampling theory, and statistical process control methods.
- Program CMM to support the inspection function.
- Lead and/or support continuous improvement efforts including 5S.
Defense industry specific responsibilities
- Maintain current knowledge for the customer specific requirements of our Defense customers and requirements of AS9100.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) from a four-year college or university; or five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of post high school education and related experience. Training and/or experience in Plastics Molding Technology. Ability to use mainframe terminal and personal computer as they relate to the required tasks.
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.