Quality Manager - Direct Hire - Durham, NC / Providence, NC area
We have an immediate opening for a Quality Manager with experience leading a team in a ISO9001 environment. This person will be accountable for a Quality Department consisting of 2 Quality Engineers, a Supplier Quality person and 3-4 Quality Inspectors. They will ensure compliance with ISO9001 - 2015 standards, as well as being heavily involved in developing other quality measures. This person does not need to be a degreed Engineer but should have a strong QE background and the last couple of years in leadership, to be successful in this role.
Salary - 85-90k + bonus eligible
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Determining the strategic direction Quality Department, creating and tracking goals and objectives, key quality metrics - creating, improving, and tracking departmental metrics - and reports metrics to Management Team
- Personnel development, implementation of strategic projects and increasing departmental efficiency through use of technology.
- Responsible for Quality Management System (QMS) compliance; manages all company quality policies, procedures, processes, programs, and practices, to assure conformance with appropriate standards regulations and customer requirements.
- Responsible for ISO audits, ISO compliance, internal audits and identifying opportunities for improvements; Update and manage ISO work instructions.
- Works with purchasing to establish quality requirements for external suppliers, monitors their performance and ensures corrective actions are effective; Communicate directly with customer concerning quality issues.
- Analyzes data to prioritize internal and external quality issues, supplier issues and manufacturing problems; helps create and manage quality database including Customer Returns, Non-Conformances, Customer Complaints, Machine Setups, and Incoming Inspection.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, preferred but not required.
- 8+ years working Quality Engineering in a Manufacturing environment.
- 2+ years in a management or leadership role; ability to lead a team and/or manage a team leads that have direct reports.
- Experience working in an ISO certified facility and internal audit experience
- Quality Certification (CQM, CQE, CQA), a plus
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.