Robotics Engineer - Direct Hire - Lawrenceville, GA area
- Be the project management lead when implementing new projects or improvements to existing processes: Document and communicate project plans, costs, and tasks for team members. Report on project timing and costs vs. goals without being asked.
- Perform mechanical design and fabrication for EOAT (End of Arm Tooling) including conceptualization, material and actuator selection, fabrication & assembly, testing & validation. Experience with SolidWorks is preferred.
- Program PLC’s (RSLogix, Allen-Bradley HMI) Robots and Equipment. Modify and improve existing programs as needed.
- Desire and ability to perform fabrication and hands-on work.
- Be the technical leader of assigned processes by documenting the requirements and certifying personnel for proper: Safety, Operation, Maintenance and Troubleshooting.
- Ensure all assigned processes are equipped with proper safety interlocks and guarding. Partner with maintenance to correct issues.
- Validate that processes meet goals for output and quality with trials and data collection. Implement solutions as needed.
- Document spare parts lists for assigned processes; ensure parts are sourced before production implementation.
- Proactively implement improvements for productivity and quality by reducing constraints and scrap.
- B.S. Degree or equivalent in Electrical, Mechanical or Mechatronics Engineering.
- 3+ years’ experience in an Engineering role performing the tasks described.
- Knowledge and proven competence in programming Allen-Bradley RSLogix 500 and 5000 systems
- SolidWorks experience required
- Proven competence in mechanical design, automation integration and project management.
- Preferred experience in mechanical fabrication using shop tools and/or control cabinet assembly.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics.
- Experience working with Industrial robots.
- Knowledge and working experience troubleshooting a wide variety of mechanical and electrical components in a manufacturing environment: pumps, pneumatic and hydraulic actuators, sensors, safety controls (light curtains & interlocks).