Sales Engineer / Applications Engineer
Exciting opportunity to join a growing, talented group of engineers, working on highly customized process systems, in a consultative, highly technical environment out in the Charlotte, NC area.
The Sales / Application Engineer will be responsible for the sale and support of company products, developing strong business relationships, and networking with clients, suppliers, and industry partners. Individual will be involved in prospecting and qualifying (technical and commercial) potential customers, system sizing/scale-up, generating cost sheets, preparing purchase/lease proposals, and price negotiations. Individual will also be involved in the marketing aspects of the business including advertising, trade shows, workshops, technical presentations, etc. Individual will be expected to provide sales support to others to run test center trials, manage projects, conduct equipment commissioning, and provide general technical support clients.
• Conduct various aspects of technical sales, including prospecting, qualifying (technical and commercial), costing, generating proposals, price negotiation, sales reporting/planning. Maintain awareness of open quotes and orders in process to insure timely response. Responsible for maintaining continuity in customer relationships through frequent face to face visits at customers’ facilities. Develop a quarterly visit schedule to customer facilities and execute it.
• Provide sales support in various aspects of marketing. This includes participating in industry trade shows, conducting lunch and learns, developing marketing materials, conducting market research, and assisting in website development & tracking.
• Provide high quality technical sales support to new and existing customers. This includes assisting engineering in a sales capacity for telephone consultations, process engineering service trips, test center trials and technical reports, equipment startup services, validation services.
• Develop and maintain a strong relationship with principal equipment suppliers.
• BS in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering. Additional business management considered a plus.
• 2-5 years of experience in technical sales or process engineering (chemical, mechanical or industrial equipment industries)
• Desire to be client facing and work on the business terms in addition to having the engineering background – (strong communication, presentation and writing skills)
• 30-50% Travel – Mostly Domestic with some International
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.