Rare opportunity to join a family-owned, successful electronics manufacturer in the Minneapolis area. The company is seeking an experienced Senior Electrical Design Engineer to help fill the void that will be left when their Chief Design Engineer retires next year. In this rewarding position, you will be able to provide technical leadership and direction to junior engineers and technicians in the design and development of support products and accessories for the mobile electronics market. Relocation assistance would be available for this position.
Key Responsibilities of the Senior Electrical Engineer:
- Provide technical leadership and design guidance for all aspects of new product creation
- Hands on design of multiple topologies (buck, boost, buckboost, flyback, etc.) of efficient DC-DC converters
- Create design documentation (schematics, program files, BOMs, assembly drawings, etc.) for new products
- Help with customer and field issues when required
- Provide mentorship and development for other engineers and technicians
- Determine production testing requirements and create test fixtures, loads etc. to effectively test new products
- Understand and help maintain existing product lines
- Guide design for compliance with worldwide and military certification requirements such as UL, TUV, CE, MIL-STDs, etc.
- Participate in mechanical design decisions and approaches
- Continue to generate company expertise in low cost digital control approaches to power conversion
- Interface with customers for design reviews and other technical discussions
- Some travel may occasionally be required.
Qualifications of the Senior Electrical Engineer:
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering (minimum)
- 10 years minimum in hands-on power electronics design
- Experience with digital control and regulation of DC-DC power conversion
- Experience with microcontroller based design
- Experience documenting original designs for production release
- Experience designing for compliance with international and Military Standards
- Experience leading technicians and others toward meeting product development goals
- Experience working with Production to optimize build and testing as well as problem resolution
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities of the Senior Electrical Engineer:
- Understanding of thermal design requirements of power products
- Understanding of feedback loop stability and compensation techniques
- Design and PCB layout techniques to meet MIL Spec EMC goals
- Understanding of mechanical design and packaging issues
- Ability to create mechanical drawings as well as PCB and product assembly drawings
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.