A fast-growing technical instruments manufacturing company has an immediate opening on their team for an Senior Manufacturing Engineer. This is a direct hire opportunity located in Brea, CA.
Plan, lead and conduct independent work requiring root cause analysis, troubleshooting, and modification of established manufacturing processes triggered by continuous improvement initiatives, non-conformances or supplier change notifications per company procedures and guidelines. Lead complex risk assessments (PFMEA), and verification and validation assessments to ensure the safe and environmentally sound start-up of new or revised processes and assessments of Process Capability (Cpk). Conduct proof of concept experiments; plan and executes engineering lots. Participate on project teams to complete other project assignments in support of the CE and MS manufacturing lines. Regular oral and written communication relating to progress and performance of work.
- Ability to work independently and to perform assignments with minimal direction, while working collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to solve complex problems; take a new perspective using existing solutions.
- Ability to do root cause analysis and independent investigations to identify the source of errors in manufacturing.
- Skilled at handling the quality of your own work and the work of others.
- Experience developing & execution of manufacturing processes, IQ/OQ/PQs, writing procedures, and training manufacturing associates.
- Experience in chemistry or consumables manufacturing environment.
- Familiarity with basic statistical analysis techniques / Mini-tab would be a plus. Knowledge in CE and MS equipment would be a plus
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Science (Chemistry, Biochemistry, or Molecular Biology) / Bachelors degree in Chemical engineering/ Biochemical engineering/ or similar, with no less than 5+ years of Life Science industry and/or consumables, sustaining, manufacturing or manufacturing process engineering.
- Master’s degree in Science (Chemistry, Biochemistry, or Molecular Biology) / Master’s degree in Chemical engineering/ Biochemical engineering/ or similar, with 3+ years of Life Science industry and/or consumables, sustaining, manufacturing or manufacturing process engineering experience
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.