The Senior Quality Engineer will perform analysis, identify trends, and implement improvements in operations. The Senior Quality Engineering will be a leader within the organization with the following main objectives:
Owning the creation/implementation of control plans and in-process inspection plans using APQP principles during New Product Launches.
Process ownership of maintaining/improving quality control processes to ensure customer expectations are met and continuous improvement initiatives are realized.
- Review customer Purchase Order and Contract requirements to communicate quality requirements to responsible departments.
- Review product discrepancies in manufacturing, perform investigations and coordinate with manufacturing and engineering to resolve problems.
- Perform statistical analysis, identify trends, and implement changes related to defects in supplier, manufacturing, return goods and customer data.
- Develop/write protocols, coordinate the testing and write reports for validation activities, component qualification activities, IQ/OQs, gauge R&R studies.
- Understands and applies the manufacturing quality toolset including sampling plans, control plans, process capability, SPC, DOE, process data analysis to ensure that quality is designed into products and processes.
- Review pre-released technical data from Engineering for compliance to customer requirements, approved OSV processers, contract requirements and identify the customer requirements of onsite source inspection.
- Be a technical resource for the initiation and implementation of cost improvement plans on new and existing programs.
- Lead development and review of inspection plans and protocols.
- Validate process effectiveness and lead continual improvement of system and manufacturing processes.
- Manage the qualification of processes performed by suppliers; troubleshoot, lead corrective actions relating to supplier’s performance; define processes for supplier data submission to reduce internal inspections
- Facilitate communication between process owners, Engineering, Manufacturing and Quality to reduce internal process variability, by development and implementation of statistical incoming and in-process sampling / quality control plans.
- Partner with quality and engineering to create robust receiving inspection plans focused on critical process attributes. Ensure strong supplier controls are in place for reduced and dock-to-stock inspection receiving plans are in place.
- Coordinate with key personnel to identify and implement corrective actions to eliminate internal, supplier and manufacturer defects.
- Identify and develop high quality suppliers utilizing supplier audits, evaluations, and ongoing continuous improvement to ensure supplier quality standards are being met
- Develop, implement, and assist with training on continuous improvement methods.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a quality assurance function within the aerospace and defense industry.
- Demonstrated experience in supplier development.
- Proficient reading, writing, oral communication, and comprehension in English language.
- Knowledge and working experience with MS Office, (Word, Excel, Power-Point, Project). Knowledge of computer integrated manufacturing software including accessing and retrieving information using the computer.
- Expertise with statistical process control methods, monitoring and control, data and defect analysis, variance reduction, and capability analysis.
- Knowledge in the application of Quality Systems.
- Comprehensive knowledge of internal and external auditing methods and quality system procedures.
- Understanding of PPAP and AS9102 Processes.
- Advance metrology skills.
- Strong knowledge of gage critical, general issue and calibration certification program.
- Comprehensive knowledge of quality at the source techniques, root cause analysis, corrective action, continuous improvement, lean and six sigma.
- Strong knowledge of heat treat, metallurgy, machining, chemical processing, and applicable special processes.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret engineering design drawings.
- Strong organizational and project management skills. Demonstrated experience successfully leading projects resulting in measurable improvements (continual in-process and preventative).
- Ability to identify and evaluate complex, ambiguous business problems or technical issues and provide well thought out solutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively within the organization and collaborate with internal and external clients to determine requirements and eliminate any barriers that may affect the quality and delivery of product.
- Basic knowledge of ITAR/EAR regulations.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms
- Regulations (ITAR). All employees must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident, Political Asylee, or Refugee.
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.