Fast-growing medical device company in Salem, NH has an immediate opening on their team for a direct hire Software Manager with iOS development experience. The individual in this role will focus on developing and maintaining multiple mobile applications in the diabetes space and responsibilities include managing the architecture, design, requirements, implementation, testing of significant new features and as well as maintenance on our existing applications. This is a hands-on role that involves mentoring more junior engineers as well as managing development deliverables and includes significant development work.
Responsibilities of the Software Manager
• Performs direct management duties for a team of software engineers: time tracking, training, mentoring, reviews and interviews.
• Manage and participate in the design, development and testing of software applications for iOS
• Creates, supports, and/or installs in-house tools for development and testing automation.
• Directs authoring and/or reviewing software requirements.
• Participates in Risk Analysis meetings for new and current products
• Collaborate with other team members, departments, and stakeholders
Minimum Qualifications of the Software Manager
• Requires a bachelor's degree in CS, CE, EE or equivalent experience (preferably 5-7 years) in the field or in a related area.
• 1-3 years direct management experience
• Familiar with best practices and procedures of the field of software engineering.
• High competency developing and deploying iOS applications
• Proficient in Swift and Objective-C
• Familiarity with scripting languages such as Ruby or Python
• Comfortable in a rapid, agile development environment
• Deep knowledge of mobile and/or web application architectures.
• Able to write clear and accurate technical documentation
Supplemental Qualifications of the Software Manager
• Experience connecting to peripherals using BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy)
• Experience developing software within a regulated environment (e.g. FDA)
• Experience with Test Driven Development tools such as Cucumber
• Knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS)
• Knowledge of OAuth 2
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.