Manufacturing Engineer ($80-100K/year)
We have an immediate direct hire opening for a Sr. Manufacturing Engineer, responsible for the research, design and development of systems, processes, machines, tooling, and equipment for manufacturing processes. Areas of focus include project management, capital projects, and manufacturing engineering.
• Acting as the PM on CapEX projects - new machinery, retrofitting existing lines, sourcing equipment, assessing vendors, managing projects, etc...
• Project management responsibilities including coordination and completion of capital projects on time, within budget, and within scope; Participate in capital equipment justification, selection, and implementation. Designs and prepares concept drawings of new equipment or modifications to existing equipment.
• Evaluates manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
• Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.; Evaluate manufacturing processes based on quality criteria, such as efficiency and speed.
• Perform root cause analysis and recommend changes in designs, tolerances, or processing methods; Identifies and implements solutions for issues relating to safety, quality, productivity, efficiency, and cost improvements; Refines and enhances processes by applying continuous improvement and lean manufacturing production principles and techniques.
• Works with design engineering to develop manufacturing methods for new products. Identifies opportunities to standardize products and processes and to initiate plans that drive improved performance. Recommends product changes and/or improvements to design engineers.
• BS in Engineering
• 5+ years of experience - ideally in a MFG and Project Engineering capacity
• Project Management/Project Engineering for Capital Expenditure project is highly desirable
• Firm understanding of sheet metal fab. and assembly - along with process improvements, tooling design
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.