Sr. Process Engineer
High school or equivalent (Required)
Plastics injection molding: 5 years (Preferred)
US work authorization (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Manages the processing of new assets to produce products that meet customer specifications. Manages all processing activities once the asset is delivered to ensure customer specifications are met. Also responsible to assist with initial mold trials at vendor.
Asset Development and Qualification
Receives minimum instruction from the Engineering Manager and Corporate Quality as to the nature of assigned duties and job responsibilities with general guidance as to the details in carrying them out.
Job Specific Requirements:
1. Sit in on all project kick off meetings
2. Responsibility for researching information on primary and secondary resins
3. Help choose the appropriate press for the job
a. Tonnage calculations
b. Residence calculations
c. Make sure the proper equipment it chosen and available for each job
4. Work with the project or materials managers to order sample materials
5. Work with resin distributors to get material help on site if needed
6. Manage all validation mold samples
a. Mold Set up
b. Material set up
c. Direct set up tech on mold sample
d. Responsible for preparing try out results and distributing to appropriate personnel
7. Sit in all customer conference calls to explain all aspects of each mold sample, if necessary
8. Work with automation group to set up proper part removal system
9. Coordinate collecting necessary samples for company and customer
10. Work with QE to set up proper OQ DOE and corner studies
Additional Training Requirements:
1. May be required to perform the duties of Quality Engineering if necessary.
2. May be required to hold and/or attend training meetings and or information meetings.
3. Additional job specific training needs – must
a. Moldflow – (Future)
b. Scientific processing – (Ex. Moving processes from one machine to another)
c. Microsoft Project – Advanced utilization
4. Additional job specific training – potential
a. RJG Master Molder
b. Beaumont AIM
1. Work in a well lighted, indoor shop area.
2. Exposure to loud noises and vibrations during work hours.
3. Subject to standing for hours on occasion.
1. Standing, bending, walking, stooping and lifting during work hours.
2. Must be able to stand and walk, for long periods, throughout the workday.
3. Must possess sight and hearing senses or use prosthetics that will enhance these senses to function adequately.
4. Must be able to lift and move objects with a maximum weight of 50 pounds.
5. Must be in general good health and demonstrate emotional stability.
6. Must be able to function independently, have the flexibility and ability to work efficiently with others in a leadership capacity.
7. Must be able to work in a drug, tobacco, and alcohol free environment.
8. Must maintain good personal hygiene.
9. Must have hand-eye coordination and hand-finger dexterity.
1. Education/Training: college degree or equivalent experience.
2. Work experience: Two or more years of experience in processing.
3. Experience with Continuous Improvement, SPC, DOE and FEMA.
4. Read, write and speak English language.
5. Must have adequate math skills to support the position.
6. Possess computer skills.
7. Must have adequate transportation.
8. Any acceptable combination of education, training and experience, which provides the required skills and abilities.
Skills and Abilities
1. Possess the ability to perform in a flexible and adaptive manner to situations and work demands.
2. Possess the ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
3. Possess the ability to perform a variety of tasks and objectives involving quality concurrently.
4. Must possess knowledge of the methods, practices and principals used in the inspection of parts.
5. Possess the ability to maintain records and prepare reports.
6. Possess the ability to conduct inspections and perform related tests.
7. Possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates and customers.
8. Possess knowledge of the methods, practices, and principles used in qualifications.
9. Possess the ability to function independently, have flexibility and work efficiently with others.
10. Possess the ability to develop and document inspection instructions.
11. Possess the ability to supervise inspection and testing procedures.
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Required to wear mask
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Plastics injection molding: 5 years (Preferred)
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.