Supplier Quality Engineer
Supply Quality Engineer
We have a great direct hire opportunity with a large manufacturing company in Newnan, GA.
- Responsible for all internal and supplier aspects of quality engineering techniques and methods in assigned areas or projects with minimal supervision.
- Provides support to manufacturing for supplier quality improvement and new and changed product launch, especially after product launches. Interfaces with Product Design, Service, Purchasing.
- Support Purchasing Department in the area of advanced APQP (Advanced Quality Planning) on new and changed model introductions. Help suppliers develop and implement process controls (Control Plan and PFMEA), SPC, and other statistical methods after new and changed product launches.
- Develop and implement quality metrics to monitor internal and supplier quality performance after new and changed product launches.
- Perform problem solving and lead problem solving activities at suppliers and changed product launches utilizing systemic problem solving and root cause analysis.
- Perform on-site supplier process audit and internal quality systems, and evaluate the results based on data to take appropriate actions after new and changed product launches.
- Initiate and review supplier corrective actions for problem resolution after new and changed product launches.
- Develop and document supplier quality systems, standards, and procedures as required.
- Evaluate the supplier quality related deviations.
- Engineering degree, with 3-5 years experience or equivalent with 8-10 years in automotive or manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of APQP and PPAP
- PRINT READING/GD&T Experience
- Statistical Process Control Experience
- FMEA Experience