Are you looking for a new career opportunity in the Supplier Quality Engineering field? We are working with a great client in the Burlington, MA area that is in need of a Supplier Quality Engineer! Position offers great benefits and growth opportunities. Don't miss out...apply today!
Investigate, analyze, and resolve supplier quality problems by implementing effective root cause actions, conducting audits, analyzing defect trends and working with suppliers to close out actions in a timely manner. Work with Supply Chain to administer the Supplier Risk Management process and implement regular Supplier Performance Reviews, underpinning a systematic approach in delivering a robust supply chain.
- Champion and co-ordinate problem solving and root cause analysis activities with suppliers to eliminate recurrence of non-conformances.
- On a day-to-day basis work to resolve supplier technical issues in a timely manner to ensure continuity of supply.
- Work with Supply Chain in conducting periodic Risk Management Reviews and agreeing action plans in addressing the risks represented.
- Additionally with Supply Chain, implement periodic supplier performance review on key suppliers and assist with managing improvement projects.
- Creation of a supplier audit schedule in support of the above activities and coordinating/performing supplier audits for both existing and potential new suppliers.
- Manage the evaluation and qualification of new suppliers & materials, ie, closure of audit actions and co-ordination of FAIRs.
- Prepare; supplier audit reports, 8D type investigations and slides presentations summarizing activities for management.
- Promoting improvements in COST of Quality and supporting cost reduction projects.
- Work with suppliers to obtain early alignment of measurement techniques to reduce the need for inspection at in-coming.
- Provide inputs in the Design & Development phase with regards to supplier selection.
- Working with UK counterpart to develop and continually improve the business systems/processes and tools used in the evaluation of suppliers through to effective demonstration of root cause analysis.
- Assisting with local quality activities in site of residence.
- Support sites during sourcing, resourcing and new product introduction process
- US/Green card citizen
- Management of REACH compliance in the supply base
SPECIALIST FUNCTIONAL KNOWLEDGE
- Degree or HNC/HND in Engineering
- Proven experience in a quality role within Aerospace or Medical
- Extensive experience of leading supplier quality audits to; ISO9001, AS9100.
- Qualified to either ISO/AS level Internal Auditor
- Proven track record of implementing improvements using structured problem solving techniques; 8D, Lean, 5 Why’s, Pareto Analysis, Six Sigma, DFMEA, PFEMA, PPAP, etc.
- Direct involvement with supplier issues management from initiation to closure.
- Willingness to travel will be an essential part of the role.
- Sound knowledge of manufacturing and quality management systems ISO 9001 and AS9100
- Experience in problem solving tools
- Sufficiently knowledgeable in REACH regulation to manage this within the supply base
- Drive & Determination
- Communication Skills
- Quality and Accuracy
- Problem solving
- Customer Focus
- Safety, Quality, Compliance
- Performance management
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.