A fast-growing medical device company in the southern Twin Cities metro has an immediate opening on their team for a direct hire Software Developer II. This individual is an integral member of a small team and plays a key role in building software systems for storage, analysis and reporting of electronic health records.
Responsibilities of the Software Developer II:
- Design, modify, develop, write, and implement moderately complex software programming components/applications with minimal direction
- Proficiently and reliably program for assigned tasks of medium complexity
- Work on developing software design proficiency
- Resolve discrepancies in software applications; investigate field reported discrepancies in the product(s)
- Comply with good software engineering principles, including but not limited to standardize coding, reviews (code, design), standardized documentation practices, version control, bug tracking, etc.
- May participate in the testing process by providing input to test procedures, reviewing test procedures, and/or executing tests
- Plan and accomplish business goals based on experience and judgment
- Performs a variety of tasks in addition to the essential functions listed above
- Continually learns product domain related knowledge (e.g., audiology and industry related standards)
- Works under general supervision and other senior/lead engineers
Qualifications of the Software Developer II:
- Bachelor's degree in related area
- 5+ years of experience in the field or in a related area
- Demonstrates familiarity with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the field
- Demonstrates a wide degree of creativity and self-direction is expected to be utilized in the process of achieving business goals
- Demonstrates ability to maintain current their technical expertise through continuing education, research, seminars, and professional associations.
- Demonstrates ability to improve work practices
- Experience with RESTful APIs preferred
- Experience with cloud hosting platforms, particularly Microsoft Azure preferred
- Experience in UI design using Microsoft Blazor preferred
- Experience with C#/.NET. preferred
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.