Are you looking to take the next step in the facilities maintenance field? We are working with a stellar client in Fremont, CA that is in need of a Facilities Maintenance Tech. Position is with a great company offering tremendous career growth opportunities. Don't miss out...apply today!
Essential Functions and Competencies
- •Proficient with hand-held mechanical and powered tools, HVAC machinery, test equipment, etc. •
- •Effectively mentors employees at all levels. •
- •Effective problem solving skills with viable solutions under limited supervision. • Demonstrates leadership. •
- •Demonstrates teamwork and the ability to operate on diverse project teams with minimal direction. •
- •Trains diverse groups •
- •Demonstrates quality workmanship. •
- •Effective analytical, planning, and organizational skills. •
- •Effective problem solving skills with viable solutions under moderate supervision.
- Adjusts time clocks at all buildings and performs fire extinguisher inspection.
- Maintains/repairs furniture and fixtures throughout all buildings.
- Performs preventive maintenance as required.
- Assists with plumbing, electrical, HVAC for installations of new equipment and moving existing machines.
- Performs routine HVAC maintenance.
- Supplies electrical and air drops where needed.
- Assists equipment maintenance whenever possible on plant equipment.
- Participates in future projects, including but not limited to, building new facilities, plumbing, telecommunications, moving equipment, adding equipment and janitorial services.
- Performs renovation construction.
- Works effectively with suppliers, internal customers and contractors.
- Maintains a limited variety of mechanical equipment.
- Handles hazardous waste collection and aware of contingency plan duties in accordance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Fabricates and/or may install hangers, brackets and other securing devices to secure equipment as necessary. Shims and balances equipment as necessary.
- Assists in the installation and movement of a variety of light, medium and heavy equipment. Ensures that the performances of these activities are well documented.
- Oversees the installation and movement of a variety of light, medium and heavy equipment using special tools and equipment such as staging, hoists and rigging.
- Works from blueprints, equipment drawings and schematics, manufacturers’ specifications and literature.
- Plans complex jobs, selects materials and equipment for proper completion. Ensures the performance of these activities are well documented.
- 3+ years experience; relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals; wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Leads and mentors others in more complex maintenance activities
2 year degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.