The Davis Companies is currently partnering with a leading manufacturing company in the Jasper, GA area who is looking to add a Facilities Maintenance Manager to their team. This will be a direct hire role with great benefits and long term growth potential.
- Manages the staff, processes and activities for maintaining all plant machinery to ensure safe, continual and efficient operation.
- Ensures that periodic and preventive maintenance are appropriately scheduled and accomplished and that emergency troubleshooting and maintenance support are readily available as needed.
- Monitors and continually improves maintenance processes and maintenance personnel performance to achieve enhanced levels of efficiency.
- Oversee contractors, key vendors/consultants, management of delivery schedules, warranties, liquidated damages, and performance guarantees.
- Review budget projections for current and upcoming projects and schedule forecasts to ensure plant projects are completed on-time and on-budget.
- Plan, develop and implement effective equipment maintenance programs designed to maximize plant capacity and equipment reliability.
- Provide and maintain a technical and maintenance library which shall include maintenance and test procedures, instruction books, technical manuals and drawings for all plant equipment and systems.
- Maintain plant in a safe and productive state to ensure the health and safety of all employees and in order to achieve maximum productivity.
- Communicates directly with the operations department to coordinate maintenance and repair work in process areas.
- Communicates directly with QA laboratory to ensure effective participation by the maintenance technicians in the implementation of QA policies and procedures
- Maintains and repairs maintenance shop equipment
- Establishes and maintains a computerized maintenance management system for tracking work orders, spare parts, and maintenance history of plant equipment
- Prepares reports, analyzes data, and makes recommendations for improving plant operations and solving maintenance-related problems
- Communicates regularly with all maintenance technicians, both individually and as a group, to ensure good two-way communication concerning maintenance issues
- Assists with hiring of maintenance personnel
- Initiates and carries out projects that improve efficiency and/or reduce operating costs
- Reviews and observes the work of the maintenance employees and directs development/training requirements;
- Establish schedules and methods for providing facility maintenance services; identify resource needs; review needs with appropriate management staff; allocate resources accordingly.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a technical field or equivalent industry experience
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience as a facility manager or equivalent related functions
- Knowledge of OSHA and other environmental regulations
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office Software (Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
- Experience with CMMS or ERP software a plus.