Field Roll Form Operator/CDL Driver
Our client in Norcross, Ga has an immediate opening for a Field Roll Form Operator/CDL certified operator to haul and delivers field roll Forming and field curving equipment across the US
and Canada. Operator then produces site formed metal or aluminum roofing panels. This is a direct hire opportunity. A CDL is not required but must be willing to obtain it which is company paid. You must be willing to travel throughout the lower 48 and possibly Canada 35% of the year.
- Reads shop orders to determine machine adjustments and material requirements.
- Programs controller to roll specific panel lengths.
- Observes machine roll forming to detect panel defects or machine malfunction.
- Measures panel lengths to ensure panel length correctness.
- Performs minor machine maintenance such as oiling/lubricating shears, rollers or gears.
- Sets up and levels trailer machine, installs outfeed table for finished product to roll out on.
- Ability to adjust and align roll forming machine.
- Use feeler gauges to properly adjust rollers for various substrates rolled by the machine.
- Directs and instructs contractors crew on proper handling and stacking of formed panels
- Valid CDL in order to haul flatbed trailer to and from the shop to various jobsite locations
- Flexible schedule as work demands. Weekend travel sometimes required.
- Previous metal forming experience running roofing or gutter roll forming equipment.
- Knowledge of bending / shaping metal a plus. Navigating various jobsite conditions to properly position
- equipment in effort to best produce site formed panels. Must have strong communication skills to be able
- to communicate with GC / subcontractors. Ability to diagnose and perform basic mechanical/maintenance
- functions is also highly desired.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common
- fractions, and decimals.
- Must be able to read a micrometer and tape measure.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or
- diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Problem solving ability.
If you, or someone you know may be interested in this position and would like to be considered immediately, please send your resume to us directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.