Field Service Technician - Midwest:
We have an immediate - Direct Hire Opening - for a Field Service Engineer. Preference would be for this person to be based in the Midwest (Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois area. )
Extensive travel (90%) to various client sites and will be installing, servicing, troubleshooting vision systems for MFG consisting on PCs, networks/ethernet connections, sensors, cameras, various electronic hardware, and various software applications.
- Will perform field service, remote phone support and system build support as required by customer.
- Will perform site surveys, installations, maintenance and repairs on vision inspection systems.
- Will configure system hardware, software and network components.
- Will troubleshoot, develop plans for installation and escalation if needed based on the customers goals.
- Will provide the customer with an overview of the product and train the customer on their equipment.
- Must be available for 24/7 phone customer support at times.
- AS or BS Degree in Engineer, Computer Science, ideally, but not required.
- 0-3 years of experience (**entry level with a degree is acceptable and we will train or some experience in a Network Tech or electronic tech role or training at an Military or Electronic school is highly desirable)
- Good understanding of networks, computers, ethernet, and/or electronics.
- Factory automation and/or manufacturing equipment is a plus, and not required.
- 90% Travel - Typically M-F travel; occasional weekends with additional pay.
Salary $60-75K depending on experience
If you, or someone you know may be interested in this position and would like to be considered immediately, please send your resume to us directly at: email@example.com.