Field Service Technician
TITLE: Field Service Technical Support Specialist
Salary: Negotiable Depending on Experience.
Schedule: M - F 8-5
Employment: Full Time Direct Hire
SUMMARY: Our client in Duluth, Ga has an immediate opening for an entry level Field Service Technical Support Specialist. If you are currently in school or recently graduated with a Mechanical Engineering degree and seeking employment to enhance your skill set and create a career path this is the position for you!
The key function of this role is to provide a high level of customer service by communicating technical information necessary to repair tractors. Primary communication is done by telephone and digital communication platforms. When required, on-site visits are made to the dealer.
50% traveling, other half will be in the office from 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM.
- Assist Dealer Service Personnel by providing technical information and troubleshooting advice necessary to repair tractors over the phone and onsite
- Assist in identification of Spare Parts
- Provide user experience information to Engineering to assist with tractor repairs and continuous improvement of products
- Visit Dealerships to assist with identifying repair issues, train onsite repair technicians and resolve warranty issues
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND KEY SKILLS:
- 3 years of experience in mechanical engineering role, with a basic understanding of engines, transmissions and electrical systems
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with MS Office software programs (Windows, Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.), Electronic Documentation systems, and electronic diagnostic tools
- Updated knowledge on new technology with a firm grasp of hydraulics and electronics preferred
- Advanced knowledge of engines, transmissions, and other systems of tractors preferred
- Experience with auxiliary equipment associated with tractors, such as loaders and implements
- Associates Degree in Mechanical or Agricultural Engineering or related field preferred
- Company contributes to major medical cost and offers dental & vision as well
- 401K with company matching contributions
- Company vehicle provided
- 3 weeks Paid Time Off, prorated first year
- 9 company paid holidays