Machine Operator I (wire) 2nd shift
Position Summary: The Machine Operator I efficiently operates a molding machine for the purpose of over molding wire thermocouples and probes, including the preparatory work needed for these products. This position also includes the molding of various connectors and components.
Position is 2nd shift: 2:30pm - 11pm:
- Must be able to train on day shift for 3 weeks minimum.
Essential Duties and Responsibilitiesinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Spot welds and/or solders pins onto wire thermocouples and probes prior to molding, utilizing either a semi-automated or manual welder.
• Places wire or probe sub-assemblies into a multi-cavity mold and over mold the end.
• Verifies each unit has continuity by checking with a multi-meter/continuity tester.
• Performs in process and/or final inspection for proper function and correct pins in accordance to the given calibration.
• Verifies finished length of molded probes using a ruler or other suitable measuring device. • Places hardware into a multi cavity mold and over mold to create a connector.
• Wraps and packages wire TC’s.
• Practices good housekeeping and safety procedures and adheres to all company policies. Abilities/Skills Required: • Ability to verify parts meet specifications via visual inspection including ability to conform to color codes.
• Ability to pick up and place small parts in the proper position within a mold efficiently.
• Skill to measure with a ruler to within 1/16 of an inch.
• Ability to stand or sit for long periods of time, walk, bend and lean frequently.
• Ability to frequently lift 10 lbs. and occasionally lift 55 lbs.
• Ability to work in an environment with elevated temperatures, occasional smoke, grease, and oil.
• Ability to follow verbal or written instruction.
• Math skills relating to verifying product dimensions and production schedules. Minimum Educational/Experience Requirements:
• 2+ years experience working on production machinery
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• None listed