Performs diversified general maintenance activities at various levels of complexity referring to blueprints and drawings for the machinery and plan and perform the machining operations.
•Sets up and operate lathes, millers, shapers, grinders, planers and power drills. Works from blueprints, sketches and verbal instructions.
•Performs highly diversified machining operations such as boring, turning, facing, reaming, grinding, milling and tapering.
•Performs work on machined parts, forgings and casting which are of varying degrees of complexity in mature and critically dimensioned.
•Determines and maintains the proper operational sequences at all times, makes all necessary mathematical calculations to complete the job.
•Determines the appropriate feeds and speeds for all operations.
•Performs simple welding, brazing, silver soldering and heat treating.
•Checks own work. Usually works to tolerance of +/-.00005.
•Reads and interprets complex blueprints and manufactures parts from a layout drawing without use of sketches or verbal instructions making all necessary mathematical calculations to complete the job according to the drawing.
•Bench work includes any necessary operations such as filing, de-burring, grinding, lapping, indexing, scraping, and fitting in order to complete mechanical assemblies from crude sketches, verbal instructions, or work samples.
- Able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Understands manufacturing systems and tooling development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, as well as, presentation skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Effective multitask skills and ability to take on additional responsibilities as required.
- Effective organization and prioritization skills.
- Demonstrates high attention to detail.
- Demonstrates discretion, confidentiality, and professionalism when representing the company.
- Supports a 24/7 global business operation as required.
- Able to work overtime when needed.
- Works with diverse groups.
- Participates in a continuous improvement activity.
- Must be able stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl 5% or less of the workday
- Must be able to talk, see, hear, concentrate, think, and reason
- Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday.
- Must be able to use a keyboard and do manual tasks for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday.
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.