Are you looking for a new opportunity? We are working with a great company in the Lakes Region of New Hampshire in need of a Maintenance Mechanic on a direct hire basis! Don't miss out, apply today!
Conducts, maintains, tests and repairs electrical/electronic, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems and components. Applies knowledge of electrical/electronics and mechanical principles in determining equipment malfunctions and applies skills in restoring equipment to operation. Provides skilled mechanical and electrical/electronic support to all areas of Manufacturing. Will direct the work of other Maintenance Mechanics within the department.
Troubleshoots and repairs mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical/electronic equipment including but not limited to programmable controls, numeral controls, power supplies, drives, gages and test equipment.
• Plans and performs work requiring a thorough knowledge of electrical/electronic and mechanical theories and principles, writing specifications, local and national electrical codes, properties of various materials, and principles of operation and application of electronic equipment.
• Installs, starts up and shuts down equipment in accordance with company safety procedures for machine activation and shutdown and in line with OSHA requirements.
• Advises operators and line mechanics of operation procedures and requirements for working safely with electrical/electronic and mechanical equipment and components.
• Informs appropriate management and maintenance mechanics of potential electrical/mechanical problems and inherent dangers involved.
• Maintains company-required performance and maintenance records for identified equipment.
• Performs preventive maintenance functions as directed.
• Assists maintenance personnel with technical troubleshooting.
• Assists and trains other maintenance.
• Performs other duties as required.
High school diploma or its equivalent. Two-year technical degree or accredited apprenticeship program or the equivalent in a technical field is required.
o 3-5 years of proven experience in the electrical/electronics, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic fields are required and the ability to demonstrate high proficiency in these areas.
o Experience and ability to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
o A thorough knowledge of electrical/ electronic components and equipment including the use of special instruments for diagnostic purposes.
o Must be able to work well with all levels of personnel whether individually or in a team environment, and especially must be able to interface and communicate with line operators in order to assist with repairs and troubleshooting.
o Willing to work any shift and overtime as required.
o Computer experience/operation and PLC programming are necessary.
o High degree of precision working with minimum tolerances required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, talk, and/or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
*As required by the Americans Disabilities Act (ADA)
EMPLOYEE CORE COMPETENCIES:
1. Collaborate Across Workgroup
2. Initiate Positive Change
3. Deliver High Quality Results
4. Focus on the Customer
5. Develops Self & Others
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.