Material Handler – 1st Shift
The DAVIS Companies has partnered with a growing client in Gainesville, GA and we’re actively interviewing for Material Handlers to join their team. In this role, you would be responsible for supporting direct activities on the shop floor for the manufacturing departments. Our client is looking for a team player who is both willing and able to help wherever is needed. No two days will be the same.
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate resume review!
What is in it for you?
- Set your own schedule!
- PTO from time of hire
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- 401K with match
General Job Details:
- Job Type: Permanent, Direct Hire with Client
- Pay Rate: $17.50 per hour
- Shift: Monday - Friday 6:00 AM - 2:30 PM
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Deburr/polish/grind sheet metal material products
- remove adhering scale, sand, paint, grease, tar, rust, dirt, using abrasive blasting equipment
- Sorting materials for work orders
- Moving finished materials from the Laser machine
- Other manual support for machine operators
- Putting goods in the right storage locations
- Load parts on racks in enclosed rooms, into tumbling barrels, or into cabinets
- Safe and certified operation of forklifts as needed.
- Handling the dispatch of parts and service tasks
- Masks specified areas of object to protect from abrading acion
Experience and Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED
- At least 1 year’s relevant work experience in a manufacturing environment is a plus.
- Good understanding of local language
- Forklift; sit down is a plus, if no experience, willingness to learn
- Ability to lift 30 lbs or less
- Ability to stand long periods of time
- Ability to wear protective full body gear and shield throughout the work day
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.