Are you looking for a new opportunity in the Machining field? Well, you might be in luck! We are working with a stellar client in Santa Fe Springs, CA that is in need of an OD Grind Machinist. Position is with a great company offering tremendous career growth opportunities. Don't miss out...apply today!
- Identify improvement opportunities in programming, manufacturing methods, tooling, and fixturing.
- Ability to set-up, program and operate MAZAK, TOSHIBA, DMG MORI Machines.
- Work with other facility teams regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate productions processes.
- Assist with inspection and validation using basic inspection equipment.
- Considerable knowledge of work holding and tooling processes.
- Ensures that documentation is in accordance with appropriate QMS procedures.
Required Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 5 years of manufacturing experience in a shop environment CNC turning/milling carbon steels and aluminum including machining set-up, programming, tooling design, and machine operation.
- Strong knowledge of tooling, inspection, and fixturing of low quantity precision parts.
- Extremely capable of establishing machining feeds/speeds/depth of cuts required to maximize production.
- Must have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Must have mathematical skills with the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals, along with ability to compute rate, ratio and percent.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings/blueprints, and knowledgeable in GD&T.
- Practice and emphasize values and a culture that place the highest standards on workplace safety, housekeeping, and quality of workmanship.
- Develop relationships with peer groups that foster teamwork and unity of purpose.
- Applicant must be able to walk, stand, climb, lift up and/or move up to 50 pounds, see, hear and use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- Must be able to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
- US citizen or a legally authorized foreign worker to work in ITAR environment.
- Read and speak English fluently.
- Must have a high school degree or equivalent
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.