Are you production supervisor with strong experience and knowledge of photonics? Or are you someone with a strong knowledge of photonics who feel they can lead a team in a production environment? If so then this may be a great opportunity for you. We are partnered with a global leader in photonics who is looking for a 1st shift production supervisor on a direct hire basis. As the Production Supervisor you will manage the daily output of an experienced photonics production team to satisfy the unique requirements of aerospace, defense, life science, and industrial customers. Please take a look at the description below and if you feel you have what it takes for this role please apply! We will get in touch with you as soon as possible! We look forward to working with you on your next career step.
- Mentors new associates and defines training plans based on needs.
- Assigns qualified team resources to production assembly jobs.
- Executes against a production schedule
- Monitors work-center capacities and modulates resources to ensure timely outputs.
- Processes ERP and database entries to ensure timely processing of jobs.
- Acts as a liaison between Operations management and the production team.
- Uses help chain to request support from engineering.
- Initiates Engineering Change Requests to correct documentation and processes.
- Completes employee performance evaluations.
- Maintains the production environment to ensure the safety and wellbeing of the team.
- Initiates and participates in 6S and safety audits.
- Assists Mfg Engineering in production documentation generation.
SPECIALIST FUNCTIONAL KNOWLEDGE
- Photonics packaging expertise
- Fiber optics assembly and testing experience
- Manufacturing equipment use
- Lean Manufacturing training
- Experience working in a team oriented, collaborative environment
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.