Are you looking for a Production Supervisor opportunity where you can be part of a growing industry? Well regarded company needs a dynamic Production Supervisor to join a growing team in Minneapolis. This role responsible for Plant-Wide activities on their assigned Shift. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
Responsibilities of the Production Supervisor:
- interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Directly interfaces with all facility departments within the organization to achieve goals and objectives. Works closely with the Production Schedule to establish Production Priorities based on customer needs, machine availability, and labor constraints
- Ensures departmental safety compliance to OSHA regulations, Near Miss and Corrective Action follow up for unsafe practices, and ongoing safety training. Is a Key Member of the SPG-MN Safety Committee.
- Acts as an Emergency Responder on the shift; originates Accident Reports when an incident occurs for direct reports. Supports the Injury/Accident Reduction Program.
- Improves production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product. Suggests changes and implements those changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, department, or work crew.
Requirements of Production Supervisor:
- Associate degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school
- 5 to 7 years’ experience in manufacturing environment. Extensive experience may substitute for education
- Minimum 3 years of supervisory experience
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating/maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.