The DAVIS Companies has partnered with a great client in Norcross, GA. Our client has an immediate opening for a Purchasing Manager. The individual in this role will be responsible for all aspects of the procurement function including commodity management, maintaining a strong dedicated supply base, interaction with production planning, inventory control, logistics and resource management. Our client is looking for someone who is both skilled and comfortable in price negotiation is also a critical aspect in this role.
For immediate resume review please email your resume to email@example.com - please reference "Purchasing Manager"
Job Type: Perm, Direct Hire
Location: Norcross, GA
Responsibilities and Key Duties:
- Manages greater than $1M annual purchases.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the purchasing function to maintain competitive cost, maximize timely delivery or products and services, as well as support the company's annual operational objectives.
- Manage, publish, and monitor the Corporate Vendor Rating System and manage associated supplier quality programs required to support the business requirements.
- Coordinate and facilitate activities and commitments with other departments and/or functions.
- Analyze trends and market conditions regarding pricing, availability, lead-time, and capacity adjusting sourcing plans and planning parameters as required to maintain continuity of supply.
- Develop and track project schedules. Establish and publish roadmaps for future expectations 1-3 years into the future.
- Prepare and monitor departmental budget.
- Manage and coach procurement team staff including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions.
- Define and promote continuous improvement activities.
BA/BS in Business or Operations Management
- 7-10 years purchasing experience in technology manufacturing environment with 3-5 years (minimum) experience managing people, projects, and budgets.
- Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent verbal, written, negotiation and organizational skills.
- Intermediate PC skills including spreadsheets.
- Knowledge of ERP systems
- Strong contract administration, teamwork, leadership, and global supplier assessment & engagement skills
- Strong negotiation skills
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.