Purchasing Manager - Direct Hire
We have a well established, industrial equipment manufacturer, located in the Taunton, MA area, with an immediate opening for a Purchasing Agent / Purchasing Manager. This role will start out with one direct report and within a couple years they will be managing a team of 2 purchasing agents and a lead shipper & receiver.
Budgeted Salary - 80-95k - depending on specific experience.
This person will be the lead agent on large, custom industrial machine projects. This will entail reviewing BOMs and bidding out orders to a handful of vendors, negotiating prices, managing lead times, making adjustments throughout the project, resourcing components and materials as needed, etc...
- Receive drawings and Bill of Materials (BOM) package from the Engineering department. Review package to confirm that it is complete.
- Purchase all required materials and parts for each project. Negotiate prices and availability with vendors for all purchased items.
- Review quotes that have been supplied by the Engineering department for design specific parts and locate the best supplier.
- Research the use of subcontractors compared to producing certain materials in house (i.e. machining work like drive & tail shafts, etc.)
- Maintain and manage the “Material Database” in Job Boss.
- 5+ years in a Purchasing or Buyer role
- Specific Manufacturing experience - Custom machine / industrial machinery or the like, highly desirable.
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.