SciAps is a fast-growing technology company that provides handheld instruments used to identify any element, any compound, or any mineral – anyplace and anytime. We are looking for a Purchasing Specialist.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Running Material Resource Planning (MRP) reports as necessary,
- Creating and placing purchase orders for inventory items as indicated by the MRP system,
- Adjusting vendor delivery schedules as necessary based on changes in demand,
- Creating and placing purchase orders for non-inventory items as necessary,
- Maintaining vendor scorecards,
- Coordinating First Article Inspection (FAI)
Skills and Experience:
- At least five years of related hands-on experience with purchasing in a discrete assembly/manufacturing environment, including experience with MRP.
- Experience with Expandable ERP/MRP environment is a plus
- Creative and resourceful problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with analytical instruments
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Company values employees who:
- Work independently
- Take initiative and make decisions
- Want to create and work in a positive but demanding team environment
- Commit to meeting their goals without requiring substantial oversight or management
- Commit to the company’s continuous improvement program
The candidate will work in the Company’s Woburn, MA facility and report to the Supply Chain Manager.
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.