Our client in Pendergrass, GA has an immediate opening for a Senior Buyer. This person will have 2 buyers under them to help drive results. This is an established company that is looking for a strong negotiator that can help lower expenses. This is a direct hire opportunity.
If you would like to apply directly to this job opportunity please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Performs strategic sourcing of assigned commodities. Manages assigned supply base to include negotiations, renewal of agreements and assisting suppliers in problem solving and tracking.
- Drives supply base performance improvement by supporting the development and implementation of strategies to improve quality, delivery and lead time reduction
- Plan, coordinate and monitor the movement of materials through the sales cycle to accurately forecast future production plans
- Implement cost reductions
- Develops and maintains metrics in all supply chain processes
- Articulates key issues to supply base contacts and their management, while taking a leadership role implementation of proposed solutions
- Negotiates many aspects of contracts with key supply base contacts
- 4-6 years purchasing experience in a MANUFACTURING environment
- Metals procurement preferred
- Experience working and interfacing with suppliers, manufacturing, inventory, management, quality and engineering
- Strong negotiation skills
- Problem solver
- Ability to travel domestically 3 to 4 times a year
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.