Technical Support Specialist
The DAVIS Companies has partnered with a growing client in Stone Mountain, GA. We’re actively interviewing for a full time, permanent Technical Support Specialist who can support both customers and installers. This person is the first point of contact for product related inquires; including application, hardware, or general questions and issues. We’re looking for a customer focused individual who has the ability to think out of the box and troubleshoot issues.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration
General Job Details:
- Pay Rate: $17.00 - $20.00 per hour (depending on experience)
- Schedule: All candidates must be able to work from 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM, Monday – Friday
- You will be on a rotating schedule and will need to work all 3 shifts.
- Inbound and Outbound Phone Calls with follow up emails to customers and installers
- Initiate the technical support cycle while assisting the constant growth and development of processes.
- Answer incoming calls and emails from installers and customers.
- Utilize knowledge base to find solutions to common issues. Partner with Level 2 team members if/when the article does not fix issue.
- Guiding callers through process on how to resolve issues.
- Escalate cases to service techs as necessary based on call type and technician availability.
- Document call activity into CRM. (Salesforce)
- 1-3 years of experience
- Understand and knowledge of low voltage, AC/DC systems, and split-phase electrical power.
- Familiarity with Salesforce or other CRM.
- Excellent telephone and MS Office Suite experience.
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.