Thin Film Coating Technician
Friday, Saturday and Sunday, 9:00am to 9:00pm.
** SIGN ON BONUS**
We are looking for an exceptional Thin Film Coating Technician who can operate the coating chamber per the production schedule.
You will set up vacuum coating chambers for e-beam, ion assisted deposition and ion beam sputtering coating processes. You will also perform single & multilayer coatings.
- Operates and maintains production and research vacuum coating chamber per productions schedule.
- Cleaning and Inspecting parts both before and after deposition process.
- Sets up coating chamber, this includes various coating process – e- beam, ion beam sputtering and ion assisted deposition.
- Troubleshoots problems in vacuum coating process equipment, leak detect vacuum system, repair cryo systems, mechanical pumps. Troubleshoot test and align optical monitoring systems. Works with coating team to improve coating yield, efficiency and chamber up-time.
- Performs metrology testing eg. spectrometry, interferometery, ellipsometry, absorption and damage threshold testing.
- Records crystal & optical thickness for each layer. Works with coating team to improve coating yield, efficiency and chamber up-time.
- Follows manufacturing procedures.
What you will bring to the team:
- Skilled with testing digital and/or analog systems.
- Ability to read drawings and use measurement instruments.
Experience & Education:
- An AA degree preferred, military technical training or their equivalent vocational training.
- Optics or other degree preferred.
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.