This role is responsible for all the tasks associated with review and payment of warranty claims, which includes a technical analysis to ensure compliance with the established Warranty Policies & Procedures in effect at the time of repair. This position approves and adjusts claims for payment and follows-through to ensure that claim adjustments are accepted and implemented when the claim is paid. The function ensures that the company handles a smooth and accurate claim process to avoid unnecessary rejections and reviews claims that fail. This role also provides direct and timely support and clarification on Warranty coverage, eligibility and policy providing instructions on where to obtain needed information for proper claim processing.
Monday - Fridays from 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Salary $55,000/year - 65,000/year depending on experience
DIRECT HIRE and full time opportunity
Location: Suwanee, GA
- Interact with customers in a respectful manner by providing relevant information which creates mutual understanding of any corrective action needed. Request any additional data, pictures, parts needed from customer; track & follow-up to gather these and associate them to the related warranty claim and product.
- Inspect warranty return product to company specifications & performance criteria. Research product quality issues to independently determine the right action needed to resolve the problem at hand.
- Coordinate with engineering when deeper forensic analysis is required.
- Provide warranty technical support, data/part analysis, RCFA failure analysis, material testing, problem solving techniques.
- Write warranty reports, approvals & denials, with high levels of professional and educational content.
- Complete and submit required paperwork in a neat, accurate, thorough, and timely manner.
- Coordinate with purchasing and management to notify supplying production department or outside suppliers of product quality concerns, coordinate supplier debits, product & distribute internal quality alerts.
- Process return shipments to customers & suppliers.
- Generate ISO9001 reports monthly & follow established PAI processes.
- Have professional communication skills; interact with customer via phone & e-mail, maintain high levels of integrity.
- Track & report safety, productivity, warranty service levels, and other measures
- Maintain 5S standards, LEAN practices, and participate in Continuous Improvement projects.
- Work with teammates to improve department service level measures, such as demonstrating diligent follow-up skills and completing reports & credits to customers quickly.
- Must have mechanical aptitude and extensive experience repairing & building diesel engines, must understand how a diesel engine functions & an ability to know the cause of failures. Be detail oriented & have diligent follow-up discipline & skills.
- Technical Degree; or equivalent experience
- 5-years automotive/trucking diesel mechanic experience. Some customer service experience is a plus
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), Adobe Acrobat
- Lift up to 50 pounds; stand, squat, bend routinely throughout the day
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.