Are you looking for an opportunity where you can be part of a growing industry? Well regarded company in the Transportation industry needs a dynamic Welder to join a growing team in Memphis, TN. This position offers growth and a great benefit program.
- Perform various types of welding to repair and maintain company owned property consistent with FTA requirements and specifications.
- Weld metal components together with brazing and variety of arc and gas welding equipment to fabricate or repair products such as machine parts, plant equipment, motors, and generators including repairs to equipment and vehicles.
- Inspect metal articles, parts and equipment. Perform all welding to equipment and vehicles including welding to copper, aluminum and steel.
- Analyze and utilizes facility blueprints and diagrams for repairs. Diagnose problems with buildings, motors and air conditioning.
- Perform layout work, general building and machinery repair such as air conditioning, heating, plumbing work, and bodywork on buses. Service high-pressure Freon lines, bus washers and blowers.
- Operate vehicles or equipment to move them into or out of the repair area and to test repaired equipment.
- Provide estimates of time and material needed for different types of jobs; maintains accurate service records
- Pick up parts from supply warehouses and stores.
- Must maintain certification for duration of employment.
- Assume additional responsibilities as required.
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be a licensed Journeyman welder
- Minimum 6 years experience
- Be able to diagnose and trouble maintenance problems
- Be able to read and understand maintenance manuals, prepare work cards and orders for repairs
Salary: $25.80 per hour; Schedule M-F; 8 am to 4:30 pm
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”. ???????