Do you have buying experience and are looking for a great new opportunity? A contract manufacturer in Middlesex county, is looking to add a full-time Buyer to their team! This is a full-time permanent position.
The Buyer/Planner II is responsible for the planning and procurement of assigned production materials and/ or new product introduction (NPI) material requirements. The Buyer will participate in the development of purchasing and materials management strategies, supplier management and performance reporting. The Buyer/Planner II will interface with customers and internal team members as required in support of demand and supply assurance activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage moderate and complex commodities.
- Plan material purchases based on MRP requirements.
- Ensure materials are on time to meet production and requisition start dates.
- Send out Purchase Orders (POs).
- Maintain exception reports.
- Manage issues on supplier management.
- Manage material discrepancies (quality, quantity and price). Work closely with Program Managers regarding quality issues.
- Meet purchased pricing requirements and cost savings objectives.
- Negotiate cost and lead time reductions.
- Provide input to the ECO planning process.
- Implement revisions and/or part changes within the ECO process.
- Find alternative sourcing for material and deal with tactical issues and concerns.
- Participate in new product team meetings.
- Manage to an inventory turns/model budget.
- Work closely/timely to resolve discrepant material (MRB) and return material authorization (RMAs).
- Maintain tracking reports and metric charts to provide status, measure performance, and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Interface with Engineers and Supplier Quality including but not limited to MRB resolution.
- Other responsibilities as directed and necessary for the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and 5 + years of related experience in purchasing including data entry experience in an ERP system is preferred.
- APICS’ CPIM or other relative purchasing certification a plus.
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.