A fast-growing technical instruments manufacturing company has an immediate opening on their team for an Environment Health and Safety Specialist. This is a direct hire opportunity located in Carlsbad, CA.
Your focus as the Environmental Health and Safety Specialist (EHS) is to coordinate, assess, and own the EHS compliance and operational safety and environmental risks at four facilities in California. You will be responsible for coordinating EHS activities and program deployment between operational and support functions.
Environmental Health and Safety Specialist duties are:
- Coordinate daily management of EHS activities and provide support to business teams through the development, deployment of EHS policies and programs.
- Provide regulatory interpretation, guidance to support R&D, engineering, and manufacturing for current and future product development.
- Maintain facility licenses/permits as set by the State of California. Provide Health and Safety Committee leadership support, product compliance support, and technical oversight.
- Champion Business Systems driving improvements and ensuring sustainment.
- Maintain facility laboratory safety programs, chemical inventory, and SDS database system.
- Conduct routine internal audits and inspections to ensure compliance.
- Coordinate Job Hazard Analysis documentation and employee training.
- Lead facility Emergency Response Team and provide EHS guidance to business managers on issues related to Business Continuity Planning. Perform ergonomic assessments and develop strategies to reduce ergonomic risk factors.
Education and Experience Requirements for the Environmental Health and Safety Specialist:
- Bachelor's degree in either Health/Safety sciences/engineering, Environmental sciences/engineering
- 4-5 years EHS experience in life sciences.
- Experience in chemical manufacturing, product engineering and laboratory operations preferred.
- Knowledge of Federal and State of California regulations pertaining to occupational safety and health and the environment.
- Strong understanding of the hierarchy of controls and risk reduction methods for manufacturing.
- Travel is required 10-15%
- Knowledge of the following EHS program areas: Injury and Illness Prevention Program, Emergency Preparedness/Emergency Response, Laboratory Safety, Electrical Safety, Ergonomics, Atmospheric Air/Noise Permitting Requirements, Hazardous Materials and Chemical Management, Industrial Hygiene, Job Hazard Analysis, Biological Safety BSL1/BSL2 Facility Management, Radiation and Laser Safety, Hazardous Waste Management, Waste Minimization and Sustainability, Machine Guarding and Automation Control.
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.