New medical device company in St. Louis Park has an immediate opening on their team for a direct hire HR Generalist. Fantastic opportunity to surround yourself with leaders from some of the top multi-national medical device companies and make a significant contribution to the organization.
The Human Resource Generalist will oversee and administer the end-to-end operational Human Resource (HR) activities including but not limited to recruitment, performance management, compensation, payroll and benefits administration, training & development, employee relations and HR policies and practices. The HR Generalist will play a significant role in the hiring process to ensure that we are attracting and hiring the right talent for the business. The position will provide high quality delivery of HR support across all stages of the employee life-cycle.
Recruitment & Onboarding
• Performs all aspects of recruiting by partnering with hiring managers in identify staffing needs, evaluating and recommending methods of sourcing and recruiting qualified candidates, developing job postings in various recruitment channels, screening resumes & interviews, coordinating interviews for hiring manager, evaluating and selecting candidates as part of a team, preparing and delivering offers.
• Works with hiring managers and HR team to develop standard interview guides and format
• Maintain accurate and well-ordered documentation on all candidates, searches, hiring managers interactions, and other recruiting activities to ensure a safe and thorough audit if required.
• Initiates and/or performs employment screenings such as background checks, drug testing, reference checks employment eligibility verification for selected candidates and reviews results with hiring managers
• Coordinate with hiring managers and stakeholders on new employee orientation to ensure an effective on-boarding process for all new employees and ensuring all new hire paperwork are accurately completed on a timely basis
Payroll & Benefits Admin
• Prepare and communicate to Paychex Payroll team on pre-payroll data such as new hires, employment and payroll changes, pay/deductions adjustments and bonus payments etc.
• Work with Paychex Payroll team on the company’s semi-monthly payroll. Audit payroll processing and review payroll reports for accuracy.
• Work with Paychex Payroll team to ensure compliance with payroll tax requirements and relevant laws associated with the processing of employee wage data, including payroll taxes, employee federal and state income and social security taxes and other required reporting.
• Provides internal customer service support to all team members with questions and requests as it relates to payroll, benefits and Paychex Flex system
• Administration of various company benefit programs, including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plans and PTO. Oversee the benefits processing, including but not limited to new hire benefits briefings, enrollments, COBRA, terminations, changes.
• Facilitate the annual performance management process to include goal setting, regular check-ins, annual appraisals, and compensation reviews.
Training & Development
• Administer and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory trainings, continuing education, and work assessments. This may include but not limited to new employee orientation, healthcare compliance training, safety training etc.
• Attends to employee complaints and harassment or discrimination allegations
• Conduct investigations thoroughly and timely. Make recommendations for resolution. Identify core issues and initiate measures to prevent similar concerns in the future.
• Provide assistance and make recommendations to supervisors and management in employee relations issues.
HR Policies & Practices
• Development, implement and ensure compliance of HR policies and procedures. Prepares and maintains employee handbook and policies and procedures manual.
• Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
• Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
• Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field is required.
• Minimum 3 years of human resource management experience is required
• Experience in overseeing full-cycle of recruitment efforts preferred
• SHRM-CP a plus.
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.