A fast-growing medical device company in Pittsfield, MA has an immediate opening on their team for a direct hire Plant Manager. The individual in this role will oversee, provide direct leadership and continual evaluation of the company’s operating departments, including the maintenance, molding, manufacturing, tooling, purchasing/planning and engineering with the goal to improve throughput, increase efficiency, and return expected profit levels.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Plant Manager:
- Plans, develops, and oversees implementation of comprehensive operating plans with the goals of continually increased throughput, consistent quality process control, and on time delivery.
- Working with Engineering, support direction of design and development of new tooling and manufacturing processes for both custom and proprietary products.
- Screens, selects, and develops key operations personnel to return the best possible results from established business plans.
- Participates actively as a key member of the management team in establishing long-term growth and profitability goals for the Company
- Reviews results being achieved on a continuing basis and recommends actions necessary to improve results.
- Confers regularly with subordinate department heads and staff to develop and implement the most effective manufacturing strategies that will enable the achievement of both short and long term goals and objectives.
- Evaluates and acts on new purchasing/design/manufacturing/distribution ideas with the intent to support increased demand from current accounts as well as enabling the Company to be able to secure new business from unsold accounts.
- Maintains strong personal relationships with other management level personnel.
- Prepares short and long-range operating plans with identification of specific priorities, which address the needs identified in the forecasts prepared by sales, for current or future business activity considering the Company’s direction and levels of expected profitability.
- Assumes responsibility for reviewing new product quotations with sales, assuring adequate resources are available to take on new business and to provide a timely reply to quotation requests.
- Develops strategies and programs to keep the company a leader in new product development, manufacturing efficiency, and resource utilization.
- Designs and implements approved incentive compensation programs for assigned personnel which include communication of the agreement on annual goals and objectives upon which said programs will pay off.
- Develops and submits a thoroughly documented budget for assigned operations and controls expenditures within approved budgetary parameters.
- Keeps the SVP – Specialty Molding informed of all important matters, which may require immediate action or attention at that level in the organization.
- Ability to apply considerable judgment, expertise, and experience in handling problems and opportunities where clear precedents are not defined.
- Ability to make sound judgments on particularly sensitive or difficult accounts and balance the best interests of the company with those of the particular customer involved.
- Ability to develop and maintain working relationships, which contribute to a positive results-oriented climate.
- Ability to establish goals and pursue activities leading to growth and development of greater management skills.
- Ability to complete development of major proprietary products within time and budgetary parameters.
Responsibility for Work of Others:
Direct supervision over:
- Production Manager
- Purchasing Manager
- Shift Supervisors
- Logistics Coordinator
- Production Scheduler
- Shipping/Warehouse Department
- Maintenance Department
Qualifications of the Plant Manager:
- Management, Business and/or Engineering Degree or advanced degree is highly recommended. Appropriate experience may be considered.
- Minimum of five (5) to ten (10) years of experience running and managing Medical Component extrusion facilities that supply to Medical OEM’s.
- Candidate must have knowledge and experience with plastic materials used in Medical molding manufacturing.
- Must have strong Medical molding experience
- Candidate must have knowledge and demonstrate understanding of ISO13485 standards. Experience of successfully passing customer third-party audits is a must.
- Excellent in both written and verbal.
- Proven conceptual and hands-on technical capability.
- Proven grasp of overall business picture.
- Demonstrated leadership achievements in manufacturing management.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit and develop personnel.
Physical Demands of the Plant Manager:
- Must be able to assist shop floor activities as required.
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.