Are you an experienced purchasing/procurement professional looking for an opportunity to advance your career? We are working with a client in the Burlington, MA area in need of a Supply Chain Manager. The position offers tremendous growth opportunities in a very competitive industry. Don't miss out, apply today!
Supply Chain Manager
Day to day management:
- Manage the order process through to delivery, identifying, communicating and resolving supply issues.
- Suppliers QCD Performance and define and deliver improvement plans Ensure all supply chain and part information is accurate and maintained on the ERP System.
- Creating new procedures, as well as making improvements to existing practices to ensure compliance with contractual, regulatory and legal compliance
- Implementation of global strategies, processes and procedures and development and implementation of site supply chain strategies.
- Provide relevant Procurement Data and information during the annual Budget and Strategy Process, followed by ownership for delivery of the material budget and cost reduction objective.
- Play a lead role in sites S&OP Process
- Manage working capital and supplier performance through roll out of vendor schedules, Kanbans, consignment stock and vendor managed inventory.
- Risk Management
- Minimize risk to supply through the negotiation of long term agreements with key suppliers.
- Ensure all suppliers conform to all applicable laws, regulations, customer requirements and codes of conduct including export control.
- Conduct risk reviews and define and manage mitigation plans
Design, Customer Quotation and New Product Introduction
- Liaise with design engineering to develop supplier strategies
- Work with Sales in compiling new bids to customers to ensure correct tender process with suppliers
- Work with Program Team and Site Management Team in agreeing Make v Buy on new programs
- Working with Site Personnel responsible for NPI define and coordinate all procurement activity from supplier selection through to industrialization
Global: Active involvement in:
- Commodity Strategies to seek opportunities for supplier consolidation and maximize
- Leverage brought from group strategies Supply Chain Manager – Boston Jan 2021
- Procurement & Supply Chain Processes and Procedures
- Continuous Improvement of Processes
- Key Performance Metrics
- Preferably degree educated in engineering, business or science. Ideally, CIPS qualified or equivalent Competencies
- The successful candidate will be a strong team player who focusses on the needs of his/her customers and continuously demonstrates a ‘can do’ attitude
- Takes action to address areas needing improvement. Develops and implements new and/or improved processes, seeks out new duties and acts on opportunities. Uses resources creatively, identifies problems and develops and recommends solutions to others.
- A natural communicator with the ability to influence effectively
- Leadership – Communicate a vision and road map. Leads by example, demonstrates a sense of urgency, focused on delivering results that contribute to the overall success of the business
- Ability to work under pressure and set priorities
- Extensive experience in procurement and or supply chain with leadership responsibility.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment preferably within Aerospace and Defense.
- In depth knowledge and experience of running MRP systems.
- Technical experience preferable.
- Experience in developing and managing overseas Supply Chains
- First-hand experience in leading contract negotiations with suppliers
- Proven experience of negotiating and implementing ‘Pull Control’ processes such as Kanban, consignment and Vendor Managed Inventory with suppliers.
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.