We are working with a large manufacturing and distribution operation in Newnan, GA who is looking to add a Distribution Supervisor to their growing team. This is a direct hire position on 1st shift role, the hours are 6:30AM-3:30PM (Monday-Friday). The Hiring Manager is looking to interview and hire ASAP.
• Exercises judgment in personnel process or procedural areas of concern. Assignments may include training and development that is typical of a higher-level position.
• Advises higher-level management on work related problems on the assembly line and their impact on productivity and/or the customer.
• Coordinates small group activities and encourages Kaizen participation. Implements and adheres to all ISO-9000 procedures.
• Directs group discussions and small group activities.
• Monitors safety of assigned areas and maintains accident reports as required. Monitors, tracks, and verifies production activities on the shop floor utilizing the available production recording tools.
• Evaluates subordinates and reviews their objectives and performance.
• Creates and implements training schedules for selected employees.
• Develops employee's career path, provides coaching and counseling to subordinates, and assists them with establishing Plans and conducts periodic inventories of consumable materials.
• Constructs, plans, implements, and performs follow-up on a preventative maintenance program for the assembly line.
• Operates on occasion a post or relieves an operator for break to ensure continuous flow of product.
• Participates in weekly production review meetings with Manager.
• Two-year degree or equivalent experience in a technical field required. (preferably Logistics)
• Minimum of 2 years experience in a Leadership role.
• 5S-lean six sigma training.
• Experience with WMS (preferably SAP)